Life is dangerous , much worse than it used to be . Years ago , it was actually safe to leave your house unlocked when you went out or to let your children go to the park by themselves , but that’s changed . Now , it seems like danger is lurking everywhere, but there are many things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones . The five things listed below won t protect you and yours from every threat (nothing can do that), but they cal defend you from many of the most common troubles . Self Defence is important
1. Install security lighting to your home . A darkened yard can hide many threats thieves, wild animals, and more. Good lighting can make people think you re at home when you’re away , also . And now , security lighting is very affordable and simple to install, so including this type of security to your home is very easy .
2. Get some self defence instruction . You and your family should join a defense class Everyone can learn something . This training doesn’t require you to be in great shape or do anything physically challenging . Instead, you can learn the simplest ways to protect yourself from an assailant . There are also lots of great videos you can try at home .
3. Choose a self defence product you ll use. Some people buy pepper spray and forget carry it. Some people just won’t use a weapon so something more passive like a personal alarm would suit them better. And pay attention to what’s legal where you live .
4. Use common sense self defense . If it s dark outside your office building when you leave , carry a flashlight on you and have your keys out and ready . If the door is open when you get home , stay out call the police . Common sense can actually prevent many crimes . If something fells wrong , take a minute to think about it instead of rushing forward .
5. Teach your kids to be safe . Talk openly with your children and help them have plans such as what to do when a strange person comes up to them , what to do during a fire, and more . Act it out with them . Do some role playing by pretending to be a strange person. Reherse a fire drill. Point out where the customer service or manager s station is at the shopping center so that your children know where to go when they’re lost . These are just starter ideas to talk about with your kids make a list of other possible problems that could happen and make plans .
Don t allow self defense concerns to frighten you the world isn t a totally scary place . However , remember there are some common dangers out there and know how to deal with each . Educate yourself and your family members , carry a personal alarm, and install some security lights around your home. By doing so, you can dramatically decrease the safety concerns that could affect your family.